NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCE (GREEN CARD).
**MUST RESIDE WITHIN 2 HOURS OF LOUISVILLE, KY.
The Wireless Network Engineer will be responsible for collaboration with network architects and stakeholders to understand organizational requirements and design wireless network solutions based on Aruba and Cisco technologies.
- Conduct site surveys and RF analysis to identify potential interference sources and design optimal wireless coverage areas.
- Develop detailed wireless network designs, considering access point placements, channel assignments, and coverage maps.
- Configure and deploy wireless infrastructure components, including controllers, access points, and mobility masters.
- Conduct thorough testing and validation of the entire wireless network to ensure proper functionality and adherence to design specifications.
- Proactively monitor the performance and health of the wireless network using appropriate monitoring tools.
- Respond to incidents, troubleshoot connectivity, performance, and security-related problems in the wireless environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve complex network issues, leveraging expertise in wireless technologies.
- Implement and maintain security mechanisms, including WPA2/WPA3, 802.1X, RADIUS, and other authentication protocols with wireless networks.
- Stay up to date with the latest security threats and vulnerabilities in wireless networks, applying patches and updates for wireless solutions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date network documentation, including network diagrams, configurations, and operational procedures for wireless deployments.
- Prepare regular reports on network performance, capacity, and security for wireless networks and present findings to management as required.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in wireless networking, particularly with a focus on Aruba and Cisco technologies.
- Make recommendations for network improvements and enhancements to optimize wireless performance and user experiences.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Wireless Network Engineer, with experience in Aruba and Cisco wireless technologies.
- Aruba certifications such as Aruba Certified Mobility Professional (ACMP) and Cisco certifications such as Cisco Certified Wireless Network Professional (CCNP Wireless) are highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of wireless networking concepts, protocols, and standards (e.g., 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax).
- Experience conducting site surveys and developing wireless network designs accordingly.
- Hands-on experience in configuring and troubleshooting wireless infrastructure components, including controllers, access points, and mobility masters.
- Proficiency in network security principles, including encryption, authentication, and authorization methods for wireless networks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to diagnose and resolve complex wireless network issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- MUST RESIDE WITHIN 2 HOURS OF LOUISVILLE, KY.