Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Secret Security Clearance.
The Hardware Inspection Engineer will be responsible for performing inspections, tests and/or audits of purchased parts, units, materials, equipment, panel/module level assemblies and quality control programs to specifications.
- Interprets manufacturing drawings, diagrams, specifications and lists to approve or reject units, test setups, or systems for in process or final assemblies.
- Reworks defective or malfunctioning units or systems.
- Maintains support documentation and performs sampling and testing of incoming components, raw materials, and build of assemblies.
- Reviews and reports performance data.
- Ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company and test standards. Determines or assists in determining methods and procedures necessary for inspection.
- May interface with customer quality representatives or suppliers.
- Associates Degree in technology and 2 years of inspection experience; OR a High School Diploma and 6 years of experience.
- Must have experience with initial and finished hardware inspection.
- Lift up to 35 lbs or occasionally more as a team.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to collaborate in teams.
- Must possess a current Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start.
- AA in technology is preferred.
- IPC-A-610 Certification highly preferred.