NOTE: This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card holder).
The AS400 Web App Developer is responsible for supporting, developing, and maintaining the AS400/Web product. A thorough understanding of RPG, CL, SQL/procedures, Java, JSF (primefaces), HTML5 is needed.
- With direction, convert or enhance the functionality of the current AS400 platform to a web application.
- Review and convert business requirements to create web applications.
- Document information regarding technology and business processes to develop testing plans to validate development.
- Assists with post-implementation support and system enhancements.
- Designs, develop, and implements software applications of moderate complexity.
- Support the day-to-day operation halts, bug review, job maintenance of the AS400 system while maintaining documenting of resolutions.
- Monitor system performance, diagnose system issues, perform emergency and scheduled maintenance.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Provide end-user support for web applications for the 7x24x365 mission-critical infrastructure systems, including on-call, change windows, and unplanned emergency response.
- 8+ years of on-the-job experience providing AS400 web Application development.
- Above-average verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technical knowledge of AS400, specifically RPG, CL, SQL/procedures, Java, JSF (primefaces), HTML5 is a MUST.
- Knowledge of AS400 and windows platforms; additional knowledge of Linux is a desirable.
- Trouble-shooting skills and documentation of work, specifically in AS400 and JAVA coding issues.