Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a DoD Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
We are looking for a motivated individual ready for an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Service Activation Engineer supporting the FAA/FTI program. As a Service Activation Engineer, candidate will support supervision of FTI equipment and service order installation and activation. The candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams and work independently implementing scheduled network maintenance events. Other tasks include managing special projects supporting program requirements.
- Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and modeling.
- Designs, analyzes, plans, and modifies network components and/or software by translating customer requirements and objectives into final product design.
- Develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods.
- Prepares the analysis of the short-term or long-term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- Support flexible work schedules if required including possible rotations to 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Previous experience with Telecommunications, testing/troubleshooting and validation of service activations
- 4 years of prior WAN Telecommunications networks
- Experience with Ethernet and IP
- Understanding of TDM based technology
- Experience coordinating maintenance request activities
- Knowledge of data protocols that include TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS
- Previous technical writing background/skills in order to Execute and document formal acceptance testing of FTI products and services per program requirements
- Must be a US Citizen and eligible for a Public Trust Security clearance
- BA/BS Degree with 2+ years of telecommunications trouble shooting experience
- MEF 2.0 certification and/or equivalent level experience
- CCNA Certification or equivalent work experience a plus
- Prior experience with Sonet architecture
- Cisco Design experience