Jr. Java Application Developer
Please note that this position requires a current DoD Security Clearance.
We are offering an exciting DoD Contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team.
The Jr. Application Developer/Test Engineer will work within a software development environment providing automated software testing.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
- Designs, implements, and conducts test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
- Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products.
- Writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing.
- Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Serves as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- 1+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.).
- Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
- Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
- Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.-
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Experience with Java and SQL scripts
- Must currently possess a valid DoD Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with transfers of clearances.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain CompTia S+ Certification prior to start.
Job Status: Full Time