Jr. .Net Developer
Please Note: This position requires US Citizenship due to the necessary DoD Security Clearance that is required.
We are offering an excellent long term contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- As a .Net Developer to implement, enhance, and maintain client server and Web applications; analyze/resolve software-related issues/problems; maintain development software for the development team.
- Work with network team to maintain server hosted development tools.
- Write, modify, and debug web applications.
- Assist other developers in coding and debugging issues.
- Work with business representatives to define requirements and develop technical specifications.
- Setup and maintain software development and server environment for other developers.
- Monitor quality assurance and required up-times of supported systems and their data sources.
- Maintain versioning and implementation of third party products used in the development process.
- Participate in activities accordingly to ensure on time implementation deliverables are met including day-to-day planning and coordination with testers, developers, project managers and business representatives.
- The developer will write code encompassing all tiers of the software development process with primary focus on front end and user interface design and development.
- Performs advanced analysis of functional requirements.
- 1+ year of software development experience using .Net.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years’ experience using Microsoft Visual Studio for Web based development.
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in object-oriented analysis, design and coding in a .NET server-side environment, specifically utilizing the Microsoft MVC framework.
- 2 + years’ experience using a major database (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc...)
- Comfortable with debugging and analyzing software errors.
- Comfortable with object oriented analysis and design.
- Comfortable working with and writing HTML and XML;
- Experience using ASP.NET MVC.
- Application development foundation and general analytical skills.
- Must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring Security Clearances.
- All contractors must have a CompTIA Security+ Certification or the ability to obtain one prior to start.
- Experience working on an agile development team.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 or greater.
Job Status: Full Time