Linux Systems Administrator 4843
TCI has an immediate need for a Linux Systems Administrator in Melbourne, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
The Linux Systems Administrator will support software engineering during the development of a new OSS system by provisioning and managing the virtual environments (VM) and installing and configuring the Linux based Red Hat Operating System. Additionally, one will also monitor and maintain the system hardware performance. The position ensures that system hardware, software, and related procedures adhere to the system design and architecture.
- Manage system access user accounts and develop the procedures for system configuration to support production builds.
- Assist program teams with technical analysis, and support the testing and roll-out of new patches.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to RedHat and Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Manages and directs proactive and reactive systems administration activities to ensure the availability, integrity, and reliability of networked and stand-alone systems.
- Administers assigned Enterprise systems such as enterprise data storage administration (EMC/NetApp), enterprise server virtualization (VMWare) to ensure systems are functioning properly.
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, and wide area network related problems associated with the assigned Enterprise system(s).
- Coordinates with server and operating system vendors to resolve issues, arrange service, and obtain support.
- Develops schedules for the installation and monitoring of local network and stand-alone information resources.
- Installs and provides support for internal development software and applications
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum level of performance. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines. Knowledgeable of networking associated with a LAN based server and workstations.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 6 years related experience; or a Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 4 years related experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the network systems administration field performing the specification, selection, evaluation, testing, deployment and operation of Linux, CentOS and Windows Operating Systems (OS) and servers.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with CentOS, including upgrades from 6 to 7, (or RHEL).
- Minimum of 4 years of Linux operating system security configuration.
- Minimum of 4 years of RPM builds for software packages.
- Understanding and/or experience with the following RedHat Linux Basic Network concepts, Linux kickstarts, Server installation.
- Experience with Splunk and Zabbix.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security clearance.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- Experience configuring, deploying and managing cloud-based systems and architectures.
- Experience performing RPM builds for software packages.
- Experience performing complex infrastructure design, including planning of interactions of multiple applications (HA, DB, Large Networks).
- Experience performing scripting for automation of tools.
- Experience working in a datacenter lab environment managing power requirements, performing buildouts and system hardening.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Experience with the following applications: MySQL, VMWare ESXi, Veritas and/or Pacemaker HA Clustering.