Mainframe Computer Systems Security Specialist
TCI has an immediate need for a Mainframe Computer Systems Security Specialist in Eagan, MN. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of becoming permanent. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
This position will be located in Eagan, MN. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities
We are seeking a Mainframe Computer Systems Security Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Eagan, MN. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities.
This position will be responsible to implement and assist with the internal mainframe information security policies, guidelines, and procedures. You will direct the continuing support of mainframe security workflow, personnel, and software.
- Ensures the accurate and timely completion of mainframe security workflow.
- Leads security-related project teams which could include Information Systems, Inspection Services, CMO, OIG, Systems Support Branch, HQ management, and computer users.
- Implements information security requirements. Reviews implementation and policy compliance.
- Monitors daily RACF security reports and develops new reports as needed by security, management, and auditors.
- Develops information required for risk management and assessment, reviews and audits.
- Works with technical vendors and Systems Support Branch to coordinate and install product-to-RACF security interfaces.
- Provides technical expertise and assistance in specialized security areas such as encryption and telecommunications. Acquires technical expertise on new security products and new releases of current software.
- Develops course curriculum for information security training and provides on-site instruction and review. Writes training guides and security documentation. Systems Programmer in the installation, customization and maintenance of DB2, QMF, Control products, z/OS installation, mainframe to midrange; the related software products, and related tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or associated discipline preferred and a minimum of 9 years of applicable experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and internal policies relating to computer and information security.
- Knowledge of mainframe operating system software, PC software (Excel, Word), and network software.
- Knowledge of systems analysis, design of computer applications, and database management.
- Knowledge of job control language and mainframe system utilities.
- Knowledge of mainframe security package IBM RACF.
- Knowledge of the RACF administrative software zSecure.
- Ability to write and articulate security policies, procedures, guidelines, technical bulletins, training material, and documentation.
- Ability to oversee and conduct reviews and audits to ensure enforcement of security policy, programs, and procedures.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 9 years of experience is preferred, 14 years technical experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
- Knowledge of UDB--DB2 (relational databases).
- Knowledge of IBM’s Customer Information Controls System - CICS
- Knowledge of IBM mainframe control language--REXX.
- Knowledge of SAS Institute Inc.’s software - SAS
- Knowledge of computer programming.
- Ability to program using zSecure proprietary language CARLa.
- Local to the Eagan, MN area (this position does not provide relocation assistance).