Mainframe Systems Engineer
TCI has an immediate need for a Senior Mainframe Systems Engineer at Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extensions and possible hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Senior Mainframe Systems Engineer will be responsible for accomplishing and performing installation and maintenance of applications in support of the US Army Enterprise, Datacenters, Application and Web Infrastructure.
- Install and maintain the following software environments: VTAM, APPN, SMPE/E, TPX, FTP SNMP, SMTP, TCPIP and MVS.
- Install, configure, and maintain the z/OS operating system and all related components.
- Manage hardware partitioning through the use of the z Series Hardware Management Console.
- Configure Z series Open Systems Adapters for IP connectivity.
- Recommend and configure all hardware connectivity to the Z series mainframe.
- Install and configure a very large library of supporting software that is used to support production processing, program development and testing, ad-hoc query function, and systems management.
- Provide security setup and controls on the Z series mainframe using CA-ACF2
- Install all software via IBM SMP/e (System Maintenance Program/extended) and or CA-MSM (Mainframe Software Manager).
- Additional experience in the following areas is needed: Assembler language / programming, CICS, MQ, CA-1, CA-ACF2, CA-Roscoe, CA-OPS/MVS, CA-Sysview, CA-7, CA-11, CA-Dispatch, CA-Datacom/DB, CA-TPX, CLIST and REXX.
- 5+ years of technical experience in IT or application software development projects.
- 2+ years of experience in maintaining MVS Environments.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related fields is preferred.
- Candidate must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with clearance applications and/or transfers.
- Disaster Recovery experience, knowledge of computer room operations, Hardware installation support and some understanding of IP communications is required.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Security + Certification before start date. (Assisted by TCI when necessary).
- Secondary related certification relevant to the computing environment (i.e. z/OS IBM System z and z/OS Fundamentals Mastery).
Job Status: Full Time