Mainframe / WebSphere Engineer
Please note that this position requires a DoD Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
- Knowledge of Markup Language (XML) and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) is preferred
- Hands on experience with MQ z/OS and familiar with MQ Explorer, MQ z/OS Panels.
- Work on MQ and WAS Integration and familiar with Bindings and Client mode.
- Work with Global Security, SSL, SAF Keyrings and Hardware Cryptography.
- Infrastructure architecture design from Development through to Production
- Installing resource adapters and enabling WOLA.
- Installing and Configuring WebSphere Application Server, IBM WebSphere and HTTP servers on z/OS environment.
- Strong experience with WebSphere application server on z/OS, IBM MQ and WebSphere web server
- Working with Security and system Teams to enable Security on WebSphere and mainframe self-service for mainframe users
- Experience with security, RACF working with operations, application development teams
- Setting up WebSphere optimized local adapters (WOLA) connection on WebSphere z/OS.
- Tuning WebSphere Application Server to run Java Batch workloads.
- Applying WebSphere Application Server fix packs.
- Deploying Java EAR files.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 9 years of experience is preferred, 14 years technical experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Experience should include object-oriented applications and working with multiple technologies such as relational or object oriented databases, or other processing such as WebSphere, Apache, IIS, network management and internet technologies such as HTTP, HTML5, CGI, and SSL
- Experience in WebSphere, Apache, and Portal Server environment administration
- WebSphere / Apache Administration and environment management
- Performing WebSphere MQ changes on z/OS and hands on MQ OC panels.
- Configuring IBM ODM Rule Execution Server on WebSphere Application Server for z/OS.
- Opening Service Requests/PMRs and closely worked with IBM on issues.
- Troubleshooting WebSphere application server issues.
- Defining WLM Service and Transaction classes for WebSphere z/OS.
- Strong experience with UNIX shell script development and proven ability to build and execute plans for batch cycle processing
- Scripting for automated deployment and software installation
- Strong understanding of networking (firewalls, routers)
- Experience with various server and log monitoring tools (IBM QRADAR, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience with DB2
- Familiarity Java and java script Programming
- Strong knowledge of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) and WebSphere is required
- Must have ability a DoD Public Trust Clearance prior to start. TCI will assist with clearance transfer.