Mainframe (Z/OS) SAP and DB2 Systems Programmer
TCI has an immediate need for a Mainframe (Z/OS) SAP and DB2 Systems Programmer in Eagan, MN. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of becoming permanent. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
This position will be located in Eagan, MN. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities
We are seeking a Mainframe (Z/OS) SAP and DB2 Systems Programmer, this position will be required to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions must be imaginative, thorough, practical and consistent with organization objectives
- Systems Programmer in the installation, customization and maintenance of DB2, QMF, Control products, z/OS installation, mainframe to midrange; the related software products, and related tools.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 9 years of experience is preferred, 14 years technical experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Candidates must have a complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards related to z/OS System software installation and management.
- Demonstrate the skill and ability to independently perform system software installation and maintenance; software failure diagnosis and repair.
- Software installation and support includes:
- DB2 V10 and QMF V10
- Complete suite of BMC DB2 Administration and Performance tools (Catalog Manager for DB2, SQL Explorer, etc.)
- Rocket Shadow Server
- Compuware File-Aid for DB2 products
- Mainview for DB2 configuration
- Experience and well developed System Programmer (SMP/E) skills are a must.
- This position will be required to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions must be imaginative, thorough, practical and consistent with organization objectives.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
- Certificate for DB2 V10 System Administration
- DB2 Database Administration experience
- SQL coding and tuning skills
- REXX or CLIST coding, Dialog Manager Services.