Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Administrator
TCI has an immediate need for a Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Administrator, Radford, VA. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- MS Windows System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Senior Administrator in a mixed and growing environment currently supporting MS Windows server 2008 R2/2012R2/2016/2019, Microsoft SQL 2012/2014/2017, MS Windows 2010, VMWare 6.x. and OEL 6x-7x.
- This position will work with the existing team members who are responsible for SCCM and SolarWinds in 3 environments to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers in mixed customer environment.
- This position will plan, execute and implement new system hardware and software and create and maintain team technical instructions, operating procedures and policies as needed.
- This position will need to be adept at monitoring and tuning system performance, ongoing operation of the servers, hardening of the servers and reporting of the overall security and operational status.
- The position will also recommend improvements to the enterprise and manage new software/hardware integrations when required while also providing utilization reports using existing tools to identify problems and corrective actions as needed. The position will need excellent communication and team skills.
- This position will provide support towards the lifecycle of a mixed environment of vendor equipment in the datacenter to include firmware version control and periodic preventive maintenance.
- This position will also need to be able to recommend, demonstrate, and implement technologies to help expand, upgrade, and increase efficiencies to the current environment.
- 5+ years of experience as a Windows System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Administrator or Engineer designing, installing, and maintaining SCCM.
- Experience in creating, maintaining, and documenting automation tasks such as operating system deployments, patch Deployments (both Microsoft and third party), application deployments, and custom security deployment implementations.
- Experience in automating assigned tasks utilizing powershell.
- 5+ years of experience working in an environment with complex networking solutions with senior level fundamental knowledge in networking principles (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP).
- Microsoft SQL query and reporting creation experience
- Experience creating, maintaining, following Standard Operating Procedures for repeatable processes, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution.
- Experience supporting Cybersecurity patch management and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Security Requirement Guides (SRG), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Control Assessor-Validator (SCA-V), and Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI).
- Master's Degree - in Engineering, Business, Computer Science or Technology or Bachelor’s Degree + 2 years additional experience equals Master’s Degree.
- Candidate must possess a Do Secret Security Clearance.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain the CompTIA Security+ Certification prior to start.
- Must currently possess a Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, CCNA, RedHat, Palo, etc.).