Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our enterprise level Client is the largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation. Our Client is looking for candidates who seek a lifelong career opportunity with a very profitable company currently experiencing growth within the oil and gas industry. Contract job opportunities could lead to a permanent position with the company for the proven individual. Our Client offers cross training opportunities throughout their business structure. IT is a key asset which used in every business unit to drive efficiency and profitability. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a leader in the industry.
The mid-level Network Administrator will provide operational and technical support for Operational Technology Network and Firewall environments. The successful candidate must understand business requirements and translate these requirements into solutions. The position must work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary workgroups to seek solutions to problems. This position must champion compliance and change efforts which result in improved reliability and security of infrastructure services.
- Perform network administration on switches, routers, and firewall network devices. Most configuration activities will be Layer 2 switching with some occasional Layer 3 routing work.
- Monitor network device health and identify issues using common industry toolsets.
- Problem tracking, management, and resolution of issues in a 24/7 manufacturing location.
- Engage in auditing, compliance, and risk assessment processes. Ensure network device inventory is accurate.
- Administration of the physical IP cabling and IP address assignments to support communications.
- Review and Update network diagrams to accurately represent the physical connected IP network infrastructure.
- Identify, Analyze, and Elevate potential Cybersecurity events according to company procedures.
- Daily activities may also include network device backup administration, performance tuning, change control administration, network security detection administration, and self-auditing to ensure compliance with standards.
- Implement network solutions; ensuring standards are applied consistently. Close interaction with business partners during development, support, and implementation of in-house or 3rd party systems.
- Administration of network device logging to identify security or reliability issues.
- Participate on Subject Matter Expert teams.
- Minimum of 4-7 years of experience in IT infrastructure administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Network support and log monitoring experience is required.
- A firm understanding of computing security and reliability practices is required.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and time management skills.
- The candidate will be called upon to perform duties during off-hours on occasion as needed.
- Previous experience in OT, Honeywell Experion, Emerson DeltaV, Foxboro, SCADA, or Refining environment is a plus.
- Experience with configuration of Cisco, Sonicwall, Tofino, or Checkpoint devices is a plus.
- Experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) a plus.
- Cisco switching, routing, or security certifications are a plus.
Job Status: Full Time