- Actively monitor corporate network data/voice services for performance and availability using tools such as Solarwinds.
- Manage support tickets with ISP vendors such as TWC, AT&T and Windstream to resolve outages impacting voice and data circuits.
- Perform as key technical liaison between Help Desk/Level 1 technicians and KFB Network Engineers.
- Install, configure, and maintain Cisco and Meraki equipment at corporate HQ and approximately 180 remote locations located throughout the state of Kentucky.
- Recommend technical and procedural changes to improve network monitoring, alerting, performance, availability, and costs.
- Troubleshoot network issues and formulate plans to resolve outages.
- Work with and direct Help Desk Staff and Field Service Reps to help resolve outages if needed.
- Maintain stable Cisco VOIP communications network in local and remote locations.
- Perform routine maintenance to network software.
- Inform management and IT Operations teams of network status.
- Administer Cisco VOIP gateways.
- Maintain/update asset tracking system.
- Ensure use of corporate IT Change Control procedures.
- Support Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Regular, predictable attendance as employee has to physically be in the office.
- This list of essential functions is non-exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Associate degree in computer science or related field preferred. Combination of formal education training and practical experience sufficient to acquire knowledge and skills generally equivalent to those possessed by an associate degree individual may be considered.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in fields related to network operation and problem resolution activities.
- CCNA or CCNA Voice preferred
- General business skills with emphasis on attention to detail and problem solving.
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Windows 10 operating systems
- Ability to communicate in technical terms with equipment and telecommunication vendors.
- Formal training in telecommunication concepts or equipment experience.
- Competent to exercise independent judgment when receiving technical support from senior associates.
Job Status: Full Time