TCI has an immediate need for a Network Administrator in Shelbyville, KY. This is a Contract-to-Hire opportunity and not available for Corp2Corp.
The Network Administrator supports a critical infrastructure environment and keeps systems running at all times. The primary duties will include to manage, install and maintain the company IT network. The ideal candidate will be able to manage, configure and maintain Cisco network environment across multiple locations.
- Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks.
- Manages and monitors all installed systems and infrastructure
- Proactively ensures the highest level of infrastructure availability.
- Monitors and tests network and application resources and performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions
- Will also help support application software and system management tools and aid in support of servers
- Works with vendors and other Information Systems team members to quickly and effectively provide problem resolution
- Modifies and repairs computer hardware and network configurations to maintain, enhance, and monitor system performance
- Provides a secure and legal operating environment (anti-virus software and insuring compliance with software license requirements)
- Executes disaster recovery plan to ensure business continuity
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree in a related field
- 3 years network administration experience
- Comfortable configuring Cisco switches
- Prior experience with Cisco Call Center Manager
- Knowledge of Layer 3 Network.
- Experiencing installing/setup new server hardware/ configuring storage space to a SAN.
- Prior experience managing an environment with 200+ clients with a couple of locations.
- Experience providing Tier 2 & 3 Help Desk Support
- Strong troubleshoot skills with TCP/IP connectivity
- Knowledge of Windows OS environment; managing Windows OS
- Ability to administer backup (use Veeam) devices.
- Understanding of network security and monitoring.