Network Control Engineer
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Rochester, NY. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Monitors network devices and overall network health / performance.
- Responsible incident response, troubleshooting, and resolution per policies and procedures.
- Implement technical solutions to mitigate outages or performance issues.
- Provides guidance to operations shift members.
- Participates in various working groups and boards related to process improvement and change authorization.
- Performs software upgrades and patches to operational systems.
- Interfaces with end users and customers as required.
- Collaborates with software engineers, network operations, security operations, and system administrators to ensure quality and integrity of IT systems.
- Participates in critical recovery efforts.
- Position will require shift work (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts, as well as 8-hour days)
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and Two of the following four certifications: Network+, CCENT, CCNA, or CCNP.
- Minimum 2 years of current NOC experience, as a Networking Specialist, Network Technician, or Network Analyst, working on Cisco related equipment.
- Minimum 1-year experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing switching/router problems.
- Network Analyst, Network Specialist, or Network Technician.
- JCNCIA, or equivalent certification is preferred.
- Proficiency in the OSI reference model and TCP/IP.
- GIAC, Security +, MCSE, or Linux certification would be extremely helpful.
- ITIL v3 certification is a huge plus.
- Previous helpdesk experience is preferred.
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate technical terms/concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Highly motivated, process-oriented person that has a positive attitude.
Job Status: Full Time