TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Identifies network problems, isolates root causes, and initiates corrective action.
- Determines priority of action and additional resources required, based on severity of service interruption.
- Provides technical analysis to all customers to isolate issues and develop strategies to restore or activate services.
- Interacts with field engineers, core engineers, and transmission and RF staff regarding ongoing network activities.
- Ascertains compliance with security, safety, and environmental guidelines.
- Generates reports on network performance, trouble-shooting results, and routine maintenance of network elements.
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside own team to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Performs software upgrades and patches to operational systems.
- Interfaces with end users and customers as required.
- Participates in critical recovery efforts.
- Minimum 2 years of current NOC experience, as a Networking Specialist, Network technician, or Network Analyst working on Cisco related equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum 1-year experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing switching/router problems.
- Juniper JCNCIA or equivalent certification is preferred.
- Proficiency in the OSI reference model preferred.
- GIAC, Security +, MCSE, or Linux certification would be extremely helpful.
- ITIL v3 certification is a huge plus.
- Previous helpdesk experience is preferred.
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate technical terms/concepts to non-technical audiences.
Job Status: Full Time