TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Provide technical support for large private communications network. Handle first line of support for customer and field calls into an operations center.
- Log calls and perform preliminary investigations into reported network issues.
- Create trouble tickets and initiate workflow for problem resolution.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Employ various test methods used to remotely analyze fractional Enterprise Data networks including fractional T1; T1; fractional T3; T3; Ethernet; IP; and RF.
- Interpret equipment alarms in the network on premise equipment or telco's network and move forward towards service restoration.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
- Work in a 24x7 network control environment, including weekends, as needed.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, plus 8 years of related experience required; or, two-year degree in computer-related field or equivalent plus 4 years related experience.
- 4 years of experience with physical layer and routed technologies.
- 4 years of experience with networking technologies experience with RF, ATM and Frame Relay.
- 4 years of experience with Network Management systems and tools.
- 4 years of experience in remote maintenance and repair of the following network equipment: Cisco, Eastern Research, APC, and Aviat.
- Ability to support short-term emergency evacuation to local or remote backup facilities.
- Previous experience in telecommunication call centers.
- Prior experience required in maintaining high service levels in a demanding customer support services environment.
- Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions is a plus.
- Experience with call center phone systems and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Job Status: Full Time