TCI has an immediate need for a Network Controller in Melbourne, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Provide technical support for large private communications network. Handle first line of support for customer and field calls into an operations center.
- Log calls and perform preliminary investigations into reported network issues.
- Create trouble tickets and initiate workflow for problem resolution.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Employ various test methods used to remotely analyze fractional Enterprise Data networks including fractional T1; T1; fractional T3; T3; Ethernet; IP; and RF.
- Interpret equipment alarms in the network on premise equipment or telco's network and move forward towards service restoration.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
- Work in a 24x7 network control environment, including weekends, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Network, Information Technology or another related field OR additional related experience.
- Previous work experience in telecommunications call center environments.
- 2+ years of experience with physical layer and routed technologies.
- 2+ years of experience with Network Management systems and tools.
- 2+ years of experience in remote maintenance and repair of network equipment.
- Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions is a plus.
- Previous experience supporting short-term emergency evacuation to local or remote backup facilities is a plus.
- Must currently possess a Public Trust Security Clearance (or higher) or have the ability to obtain one prior to start.