Network Engineer III
This position requires a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Dulles, VA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
We are looking for an eager Linux sys admin or DevOps engineer with a passion for automation to work closely with a Sr. DevOps engineer and help us further automate the processes of managing, patching, tuning, trouble-shooting and securing our Linux infrastructures. You will be utilizing the latest and greatest technologies to streamline our platform while ensuring that performance and consistency of services are the highest priority.
- Install, configure, patch and upgrade assigned systems. Perform system monitoring utilizing enterprise tools, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Research and recommend innovative or automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform security scans, remediation, and compliance reporting. Perform vulnerability assessment, monitoring, and reporting.
- Application support including application/web administration, account management, backup/recovery, automation/scripting, storage configuration (manage/allocate growth), monitoring (events, logs, system health), virtualization, and clustering.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or another related Technical field or relevant work experience.
- Red Hat 6.x and 7.x experience is required.
- Scripting experience (e.g. Bash, Python or Perl)
- Web Application Server support experience (e.g. Apache)
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Familiarity with network and security tools and applications like A/V, SELinux, SCAP, Nessus.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues.
- Linux system performance monitoring and fine-tuning experience.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Knowledge of common secure LAN/WAN infrastructure configurations.
- Network Appliance Configuration/Management (Firewalls, Routers, Switches).
- MySQL, MARIA Experience
- Experience with Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware configuration, Network performance monitoring.
- Experience selecting, deploying and maintaining automated test tools and environments.
- Experience with virtualization hypervisors (e.g. ESXi, VirtualBox)
- Linux Administrator (Red Hat 6/7)
- Understanding of how to harden Linux Servers (IP tables, SELInux, etc)
Job Status: Full Time