Network Operations Specialist
TCI has an immediate need for a Network Operations Specialist (NOS) in Melbourne, FL.
The NOS will be a key member of the Network Operations Control Center (NOCC), and will support a geographically dispersed network and team located throughout North America. The Network Operations Specialist will be responsible for being the first line of support for the customer and field team to troubleshoot and assist with developing solutions and support mission-critical programs.
- Provide technical support for large private communications network. Handle first line of support for customer and field calls into an operations center.
- Log calls and perform preliminary investigations into reported network issues.
- Create trouble tickets and initiate workflow for problem resolution.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Interprets equipment alarms in the network on-premise equipment or telco's network and move forward towards service restoration.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
- This position is part of an onsite 24x7x365 NOCC environment where working rotating shifts is an essential function of the position as required by business needs. Workday schedule flexibility is required. This position is not eligible for remote work due to secure network access requirements.
- 2 years post-Secondary/ Associate’s Degree with a minimum of (4) years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of (1) Years Telecommunications Network Troubleshooting experience.
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Networking, Information Technology
- Experience with Layer 1 Troubleshooting
- Experience with call center phone systems and working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience in Physical layer and routed technologies experience.
- Experience with Network Management systems and tools.
- Experience in remote maintenance and repair of network equipment.
- Experience with interacting with customers and meeting service-level timelines.