Network Operations Specialist
TCI has an immediate need for a Network Operations Specialist in Melbourne, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a contract-to-hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Clearance prior to start.
The Network Operations Specialist will support a large nationwide customer. This individual will be a key member of the Network Operations Control Center (NOCC), and they will closely support the geographically dispersed network and team located throughout North America. The Network Operations Specialist will be responsible for being the first line of support for the customer and field team to troubleshoot and assist with developing solutions and support mission-critical programs.
- Provide technical support for large private communications network. Handle first line of support for customer and field calls into an operations center.
- Log calls and perform preliminary investigations into reported network issues.
- Create trouble tickets and initiate workflow for problem resolution.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Interprets equipment alarms in the network on-premise equipment or telco's network and move forward towards service restoration.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
- This position is part of an onsite 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
- Associates Degree in a relevant technical field.
- Minimum of 2 years of Telecommunications Network Troubleshooting experience.
- CCNA Certification or must obtain within 3 months of start date.
- Experience with Layer 1 Troubleshooting.