Network (Performance) Engineer
TCI has an immediate need for a Network (Performance) Engineer in Raleigh, NC. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start. Must be available to work onsite at client facility in Raleigh, NC. No remote work.
The role requires a technical network visibility SME to perform analysis for Local and wide area networks. Ability to utilize performance monitoring hardware and software, e.g. packet capture data to troubleshoot and interpret telecommunication network performance and determine causes of network and application problems. Knowledge of current network technologies including but not limited to Routing, Switching, Load Balancing, Domain Name Services (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Internet Protocol v4 and v6, Quality of Service (QoS), Voice over IP (VoIP). Previous work experience with using Netscout network products.
- Use networking methods and tools for resolution of incidents or problems.
- Remediate networking and reliability problems
- Measure network utilization and performance, data analysis and determination of network capacity levels.
- Perform studies at field locations after installation of equipment to determine the efficiency of the system and take appropriate remedial action.
- Recommend engineering changes for field locations and major network entities to improve network performance and maintain service level standards.
- Measure, evaluate, implement and review network performance improvement projects.
- Keep abreast of the latest advances to network performance evaluation technology and uses this information to improve network systems design, implementation and operation.
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a Network Engineer
- Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas.
- Technical expertise is sought after and provided to several projects/accounts.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of assigned technology and discipline area.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of corporate organization and policies.
- Advanced level business, technical, or functional knowledge.