Network Planning Engineer 4606
TCI has an immediate need for an IP Network Engineer in Melbourne, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES A PUBLIC TRUST SECURITY CLEARANCE PRIOR TO START
The IP Network Engineer will be supporting the management and implementation of IP network solutions within the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The selected candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams. Work independently on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based upon user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio, configuring network equipment, and full implementation follow-through and documentation of requirements.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for:
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for the FAA.
- Implement solutions that support the FAA’s NextGen visions and objectives.
Serve as the escalation from Tier 1 and Tier 2 Operations team for escalated problem resolution
- Implement solutions that support customer visions and objectives
- Participate in inter program initiatives and discussions to resolve technical challenges
- Create and maintain documentation and training for knowledge transfer
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for external customers
- Maintain operational excellence of network system and components to exceed customer expectations
- Define and implement best practices for network and capacity management
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration
- Travel as required to meet for requirement meetings and system integration planning
- 6+ years of network engineering experience with IP networks or, a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree with 3+ years relevant experience with IP networks
- Experience implementing the network design, testing and building of enterprise networks
- Experience implementing and managing network technologies such as Carrier Ethernet, MPLS and SDN technologies.
- Experience configuring MPLS, ISIS, QoS, BGP, VPLS, AS prepending, route policies, and in-depth BGP troubleshooting and configuring (Route-leaking, BGP attributes (local preference and community’s))
- Experience with analysis and capacity planning and network architecture for large distributed communications systems
- Experience peering with Tier 1 Internet Service providers, troubleshooting routing within the Internet
- Experience with leading network vendors such as Cisco, F5, Pulse Secure
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Experience developing documentation and providing knowledge transfer to functional teams
- Demonstrated customer focus skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent of a 4-year accredited degree in a technical discipline.
- CCNP or other advanced certification(s), is preferred.
- Ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks.
- Strong enterprise network troubleshooting (Multicast, Layer 2, Cisco IOS(s), IP routing [BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and EIGRP], HSRP and physical layer issues (Ethernet, Optical, TDM)).
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Experience with Cloud Computing design and implementation
- Strength oral and written communication
- Experience with Network Scripting
- Strength in project management leadership
- Experience designing and troubleshooting Enterprise VPN environments