Network Planning Engineering L3 4670
TCI has an immediate for a Network Planning Engineer in Melbourne, FL. This is not a C2C opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire.
This role requires US Citizenship with eligibility to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
As a Network Planning Engineer, candidate will support design, implementation, and optimization of communication network solutions. The candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams, work independently on special projects, including developing network designs based upon emerging customer requirements. Other tasks include negotiating commercial vendor products, developing procedures for implementing new network designs and managing small to large network projects.
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for external customers.
- Support on-call rotation and planned off hours maintenance events as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve backbone and customer routing issues.
- Implement solutions that support customer visions and objectives.
- Participate in inter program initiatives and discussions to resolve technical challenges.
- Create and maintain documentation and training for engineering and NOC teams.
- Maintain operational excellence of network system and components to exceed customer expectations.
- Define and implement best practices for network and capacity management.
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization.
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration.
- Travel as required to meet for requirement meetings and system integration planning.
- Bachelor Degree in a related field and minimum 4 years of prior WAN Telecommunications networks experience OR an Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior WAN Telecommunications networks experience.
- MEF 2.0 certification and/or equivalent level experience.
- Previous Telco experience/design work/provisioning.
- CCNA Cert is a plus.
- Currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Experience designing and implementing network technologies such as Carrier Ethernet, MPLS and SDN technologies.
- Experience with Cisco IOS command line interface (CLI) for configuring, monitoring, and maintaining Cisco devices.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to design, implement and support Ethernet and TDM network infrastructures.
- Knowledge of IP technologies such as Pseudo Wire and Ethernet switching.
- Knowledge of telecommunications carrier ordering systems and processes.
- Knowledge of WAN/LAN, TDM and Voice switching systems; TCP/IP, Frame Relay, ATM and specific routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP and RIP; VoIP, DWDM, CTI and VPN technologies
- Experience with leading network vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Ciena, RAD.
- Experience with database modeling software such as MetaSolv.