Network Security Architect
This is a very unique work opportunity. Our Client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions that focuses on customer centric experiences both online and in store. With a growing number of locations and multiple financial products our client offers a multitude of career paths for future growth.
The individual in this position will be responsible for practices and methods of IT enterprise architecture and security architecture, which includes planning for and responding to service outages, root cause analysis, system troubleshooting, and improvements to current infrastructure solutions. This individual will also serve as the primary point of contact for network, and systems security, IT security operation SLAs, and ultimately meeting the changing needs of management in an ever-evolving environment.
Ultimately, we are seeking an experienced Network Security Architect to provide network LAN/WAN, and security hardware and software architecture support in a complex, multi-platform environment. This individual will architect, install and configure network, and security hardware and software.
- Design and oversee implementation of circuits and network equipment to include switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, proxies, network appliances and other supporting systems.
- Configure, support and audit security controls related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, Web Proxies, firewalls, routers, switches, network hardening and DDOS mitigation.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing networks and engineer designs for improving or further leveraging these networks.
- Design and maintain Information security systems, software, log management, authentication systems, etc.
- Create, update, and maintain policies and procedures of the day to day network and security operations.
- Proactively seek out and establish different ways to solve the existing threats and security issues.
- Configure, implement, and monitor intrusion detection systems and firewalls, including testing and checking the system for vulnerabilities in software and hardware.
- Maintaining firewalls, virtual private networks, web protocols, and email security.
- Configuring and installing security infrastructure devices.
- Investigating intrusion and hacking incidents, collecting incident responses, and carrying out forensic investigations. Logging, reporting, and tracking issues as they arise.
- Using industry-standard analysis criteria to test the security level of the organization.
- Analyze data received from network environment to understand and baseline network environment health, react to and prevent abnormal behavior, and create process and procedures for mitigating abnormal network behavior.
- Work closely with Managed Services Provider to ensure monitoring, reporting and alerting is in alignment with requirements.
- Performs as a network/security escalation point for the IT department.
- Interact with vendors, carriers, and other 3rd parties.
- Assists in the design and implementation of upgrade paths for OS, network, telephony, security, hardware and systems software.
- Ensures the IT Disaster Recovery plan is in compliance and accurate related to network and security components.
- Analyzes and monitors network and security in accordance to the IT Security Program and Standard Security Operating Procedure Handbook. Makes recommendations or adjustments to gain maximum efficiency and security. Implements patches/fixes to address potential security vulnerabilities. Protects our client from potential loss and ensures the confidentiality of the information is maintained by the system.
- 10+ years of experience in Network administration.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Network Equipment, Firewall or security certificate required.
- Experience with Web Application and Next Generation Firewalls.
- Advanced experience in LAN/Wide Area Networking technologies currently in use within the organization.
- Local Area Networking, including maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting techniques, especially dealing with the TCP/IP protocol and services, and managing a large diversified environment using TCP/IP.
- Cisco Network Certification or Information Security Certification a plus.
Job Status: Full Time