Payroll Tax Accounting Manager
TCI has an immediate need for an Infinium Payroll Tax Accounting Manager in Boca Raton, FL. This is a 9 month Contract-to-hire opportunity.
This position manages federal, state, and local payroll tax processes for the organization. It also provides management with payroll information and analyses. This position spearheads payroll projects and initiatives related to tax reporting and may fill-in during the Director’s absence in managing the overall payroll function and staff.
- Manages weekly, quarterly and annual payroll tax remittance and filing to all federal, state and local agencies.
- Responsible for corporate compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and filing local, state, and federal payroll tax returns.
- Provides research, analysis and recommendations that lead to effective payroll tax strategies.
- Manages relationship with third party tax service vendor including the maintenance of the tax interface programs.
- Registers employers with federal, state, and local authorities for all withholding and unemployment compensation taxes.
- Updates payroll system tax deductions, tax tables and third party tax interfaces. Ensures the integrity of payroll tax data contained in the payroll database.
- Reconciles payroll tax reporting after each pay run to ensure accurate remittance and filing of data that is sent to the tax service provider.
- Provides guidance and direction on payroll tax matters to other corporate department and facility personnel.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of stock option and restricted stock transactions.
- Responds and resolves inquiries from employees and the various tax agencies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Three (3) years of Infinium Tax Management Experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in an accounting position with a large (1,000 + employee) multi-state employer.
- Two (2) years of experience in a managerial or supervisory payroll capacity.
- Very high attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Must have significant knowledge of payroll tax regulations and laws.
- Must possess working knowledge of payroll, tax and query software used by large employers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively represent the company’s interests with the various agencies, write reports, and develop arguments. Must be able to make presentations to staff, third party vendors and agency personnel at all levels.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks at the same time and meet dynamic deadlines with short notice.
- Must possess strong problem solving, analytical and reasoning skills.
- Must be detail oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Must be able to work with computers and the applicable application software used by the department.