Production Support Technician
Our Client proudly delivers American made machinery and equipment to automate the stone fabrication process.
The Product Support Technician supports both production and customer service environments providing troubleshooting and technical solutions to various problems.
- Support for customers and engineers of CNC Machinery and tools via telephone / email / portal.
- Remote troubleshooting, calibration, repair, and maintenance of CNC systems.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of spare parts for machines to minimize downtime.
- Manage and plan service activities to be executed in the field for customers.
- Coordinate and liaise with service engineers.
- Support with planning and aftercare of retrofits and machine upgrades.
- Communication with internal and external customers regarding dates, on-site bookings and follow up of any problems and issues that may have occurred.
- Documentation of service activities.
- Exhibit patience with customers when troubleshooting over the phone.
- Work with staff on engineering changes.
- Create and update Instruction manuals, videos, and technical documents.
- Work closely with manufacturing, engineering, and maintenance to get machines up and running to capacity.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers to inform of situations that may impact business practices.
- Compile records of equipment and machinery information to use as maintenance resources.
- 1-3 years of related work experience in an IT Support position within a CNC environment.
- Ability to verbally walk customers / clients through repairs-must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have schematic reading skills/electrical meter experience for machinery diagnostics and experience with PC & AutoCAD software.
- Experience in both production and customer service environments.
- Experience with CNC equipment, hydraulics & pneumatics is preferred.
- Experienced in servo drives helpful but not necessary.
- PLC Programming knowledge a plus.
Job Status: Full Time