This is a very unique work opportunity. Our Client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions that focuses on customer centric experiences both online and in store. With a growing number of locations and multiple financial products our client offers a multitude of career paths for future growth.
The IT Program Manager will be responsible for leading and monitoring all aspects of Program Management for multiple project teams. Coach teams to increase team efficiency, motivates the team, and strives to continuously improve team activities to ensure quality and timeliness. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects of high complexity, and ability to train and mentor others in the use of Project Management and Agile/Scrum tools and techniques in a complex financial services environment.
- Establish collaborative partnership with key stakeholders and provide coaching at all levels in an emerging Agile environment.
- Work with the Delivery Teams and Stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of what is being worked and what will be worked on from the product backlog.
- Act as primary contact to establish key stakeholder requirements and project objectives as well as capture and record customer requirements, constraints, decisions/risk and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables.
- Manage risks and issues and taking corrective measurements.
- Attend all demos and some stand ups to ensure feature level delivery.
- Determine go/no-go on business features and conveying to stakeholders what features will and will not be delivered based on business priority.
- Ensure Stakeholders and other interested parties receive timely communication including managing stakeholders’ communication about delivery timeline based on team velocity.
- Develop, implement and evaluate team metrics and make recommendations to teams and management for improvements in partnership with EPMO and stakeholders, establish project delivery processes and methodologies to ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
- Support the triage and resolution of critical project issues.
- Support resource and capacity management to ensure effective resource utilization across teams.
- Manage program documentation coming out of discovery, as the discovery outcomes will contribute to the ability to prioritize features.
- Provide leadership in evaluating the maturity of Agile framework and suggest improvement opportunities.
- Coach scrum masters, stakeholders, and development team members and act as subject matter expert on Agile, Scrum and Kanban capabilities.
- Evaluate and mentor existing Agile teams, as well as deliver training classes for domain leaders, program managers, product owners, scrum masters, development team members.
- Coach scrum masters on collaboration with product owners around backlog creation and grooming to ensure vision, roadmap, and personas are well-defined and understood.
- Assist Agile teams with joint planning events and coordination with non-Agile teams, including participation in the enterprise Business Planning process.
- Keep well-informed on new and evolving techniques, methods and strategies in Agile, Scrum and Kanban and other delivery frameworks.
- 4-6 years’ experience participating on a scrum team or in a scrum environment
- 3 + years leading complex multiple technology programs/projects utilizing Agile/SCRUM
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Agile certification is required along with previous experience as a Scrum Coach.
- 3+ years’ experience working with/implementing Agile, Scrum.
- Mastery of patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.
- Mastery of Agile techniques: User Stories, Kanban, Continuous Testing, Agile Games, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization
- Strong facilitation, conflict-resolutions skills and the ability to work in collaborative environments
- Comfortable working with distributed teams and bringing structure to ambiguous environments
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Must be a self-starter.
- Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
- Experience participating on project teams in the Financial Services industry
- End to end experience with large-scale systems development projects and process redesign efforts
- Track record of successfully mentoring and leading Agile project management processes with a strong background in software development lifecycle.
- Seasoned, mature and organizationally savvy leader with a broad understanding of technology's impact.
Job Status: Full Time