TCI has an immediate need for a QA Tester in Cleveland, OH. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a current DoD Public Trust Security Clearance.
The main function of a QA Tester at this level is to software testing in support of the maintenance and development. The QA Tester will perform repeatable testing procedures and may need to be familiar with programming languages. Carries out testing methods and equipment. Runs test plans, scripts, scenarios, functional tests, regression tests, and deployment tests. Implements the testing processes and ensures all test activities follow those processes. Produces reports on each test activity and tracks test metrics.
- Perform repeatable testing procedures and processes.
- Verify triggers, stored procedures, referential integrity, hardware product or system specifications.
- Interpret and modify code as required that may include PL/SQL, queries, stored procedures and/or triggers.
- Write automation test scripts for simulating user interactions such as data entry, menu selections, mouse actions, data I/O, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science required and some business/functional knowledge and/or industry experience preferred.
6+ years’ experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Quality Center 10 or higher and/or ALM
- Knowledge and experience using Unified Functional Testing software for automated testing.
- Experience with test scripts, software testing.
- Software testing experience in a Web-based or Windows client/server environment required.
- Experience in development and/or database administration experience using a Microsoft product required.
- Ability to read and write at least one programming language such as PL/SQL
- Knowledge of software quality assurance practices, with strong testing aptitude.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware may be required.
- Must have a solid understanding of software development cycle.
- Candidates MUST BE U.S. born, U.S. citizens to be eligible for Public Trust waiver