Remedy Systems Engineer
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Top Secret Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client on the Bellevue, NE Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
As a Remedy Systems Engineer you will participate in the engineering, design, creation and maintenance of our clients Incident Management System. This role is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and report development to ensure accurate and appropriate use of the system and data. Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall planning for the organization. This position supports the implementation of system enhancements that improve the reliability and performance of the system. Additionally, the individual will work directly with system users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
- Secret with TS eligibility, eligible for special accesses Analysis, design, development, deployment, installation, configuration, customization, troubleshooting & tuning of Remedy Action Request System and Remedy Customer Support Application in production, test and development environment.
- Develops version definitions and hour estimates.
- Manages/performs implementation of the software applications/solutions built. Owns the software systems he/she implements and provides response to Government Customer questions/concerns with regard to Remedy ITSM.
- Requires frequent interchanges with the Customer to determine requirements/business needs and ensure what is implemented meets those needs/requirements.
- Responsible for implementing, configuring and maintaining all BMC Remedy Atrium Configuration Management Database (CMDB) processes, work instructions and activities.
- This is done in compliance with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) framework.
- Works with the customers to define and implement all mechanisms needed to ensure full control of the customer's configurable items.
- Candidate must be able to perform the following tasks: Diagnose and repair problems within the Remedy system Properly configure the ITSM applications to maintain integration integrity
- Create and administer accounts for Remedy applications Work with IT to develop administration, backup, security and maintenance plans for both production and test Remedy environments Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Remedy Action Request System version 7.x and Remedy Customer Support Application in production, test and development environments.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing and acceptance phases Designs and prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs to record results.
- Prepares briefings and prepares updates on project/task status Prepare technical and Configuration Management documentation Design applications to meet performance requirements, ensure security requirements are met, test software thoroughly, integrate/install software into the production environment.
- Performs performance monitoring and provides documentation of issues and recommendations to the customer Participate in requirement’s review, design review, integration readiness review, and software acceptance review.
- Assist users in the operation of the application and provides training for users as required Review and establish audit policies/procedures and conduct audits to ensure data reliability Reconcile the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, change management and other authoritative production data repositories.
- Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data Develop SQL queries and reports for management on KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy
- Works closely with Client, Systems Engineering and Service Delivery Teams to establish business requirements for the CMDB Ensure ITSM and CMDB alignment with ITIL® framework Secret with TS eligibility, eligible for special accesses
- Act as a key stakeholder supporting key CMDB tasks: Communicate CMDB activities to enhance general awareness of processes and standards Liaise and work with external partners and third party suppliers whenever necessary
- Assist in the planning, design and implementation of release management processes and activities Work closely with the contract management and customers to design and implement change management processes and activities
- Support the configuration management strategy and help ensure adherence to its principles Work with the Systems Engineering and Service Delivery Teams to define and produce relevant reports, metrics and performance indicators
- Work closely with Asset Management Office to support maintenance of the hardware asset database and software Definitive Media Library
- Remedy, strong three or more years of experience performing Remedy ITSM/CMDB
- Administration Current with Remedy, ITSM, and related technologies
- Experience with Remedy ITSM 7.6 or later Understanding of ITIL®
- Framework processes and concepts Experience in asset and configuration management as well as knowledge of ITIL®
- Good communication skills to interact with team members, customers, and support personnel
- Candidate must possess a Top Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to get one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring Security Clearances.
- Service management processes including change, release, and deployment management
- Knowledge of SQL, query-writing, reporting tools (Crystal Reports and BIRT) relational databases
- Candidates should have proven understanding of IT business needs and knowledge of IT industry standard best practices.
o Desired Certifications: The ideal candidate will hold ITIL® Foundations certification and have applied knowledge of real-world environments in both the Service Management focus area and have experience implementing a CMDB in a customer environment. Familiar with all of the following: Discovery products including BMC ADDM; Microsoft SCCM, BMC Software Asset Management Reconciliation of discovery data in BMC CMDB environment Integration of discovery solutions with CMDB Remedy Application Management Database Development Database Management Systems (DBMS) CMDB Administrator V7+ Remedy Skilled Professional V7+ Crystal Reports Strong technical analysis skills and software development skills a plus Communication skills Time Management Attention to detail Problem solving skills