Remote IBM Mainframe Operating System Administrator
TCI has an immediate need for a Remote IBM Mainframe Operating System Administrator. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence due to the Public Trust Security Clearance requirement.
The Remote IBM Mainframe Operating System Administrator will support our government client in Parkersburg, WV. FS is moving away from the mainframe, our current environment has mainframes in 2 locations that are different, different security suites, naming conventions, etc. Things are changing quickly and it is a very fast paced environment.
- Securing, monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting IBM mainframe operating systems.
- Supporting multiple LPAR architectures for support of hosted applications.
- Administration and maintenance of high-performance IBM mainframe operating systems.
- Supporting multiple designs for support of availability and disaster recovery IBM mainframe infrastructures.
- Working with geographically separated data centers (WAN/LAN configurations) and external customers (Internet and trusted business partners)
- Working with multiple alternate infrastructures for connectivity such as Windows, IBM AIX, and Linux.
- Provide System upgrades and patching.
- Provide system security to IBM operating system (knowledge of Mainframe Security Products (RACF, TOP SECRET, ACF2) as well as systems upgrades and patching.
- Architecture integration in a large enterprise environment.
- The ability to make recommendations to peers and executives on subjects relating to IBM mainframe operating systems
- 5+ years of relevant experience as an IBM Mainframe Administrator.
- Mainframe system programming experience; IBM Z Series; ZOS/ZVM; not Z Linux; Z series mainframe hardware.
- Experience in supporting a variety of ISV software products (CA-ESP, BMC Control-D, SAS, MXG), etc.
- Experience in working with a variety of Mainframe vendors such as IBM, CA-Broadcom, BMC, SAS, MXG).
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.