Remote Java Full Stack Developer
TCI has an immediate need for a Remote Java Full Stack Developer. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the probability of extensions. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
POSITION REQUIRES A DoD PUBLIC TRUST SECURITY CLEARANCE PRIOR TO START.
The Java Developer will design and build web sites using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques, and tools in support of our Federal client in Chantilly, VA or Remote
- Senior full stack developer for building websites using Java 8 and Struts 2.
- Has ability to convert Struts1, existing JSTL and Java into a Struts2 based application.
- Works as a member of a project team to develop new and convert existing functionality into reliable functional web application pages
- Performs all functional duties independently and can work on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
- Working knowledge of one of more of the following qualifications:
- Knowledge/experience with Agile Methodologies.
- Experience with Application Servers like WebSphere and Tomcat.
- Experience with version control systems such as SVN.
- Knowledge/experience of SDLC practices.
- Effective liaison between business and technical teams.
- Strong facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups.
- Change Management and Configuration Management (VersionOne, ServiceNow, etc).
- 10+ years’ experience in Software development life cycle, application support, maintenance, and analysis.
- 7+ years’ experience in Java 8, Spring and other J2EE technologies.
- 5+ years’ experience in the experience with Apache Struts with a minimum of 2 years with Struts 2.5.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in software development, with at least 7 years’ experience in Web-based design/development
- A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred
- Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program
- Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel
- Extensive experience collaborating with other Web designers/developers to enhance Web site look-and-feel to support the organization's external communication strategies and goals
- Possesses strong navigation and site design instincts
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start.
- REMOTE work is available.