Senior Image Scientist
TCI has an immediate need for an Sr. Image Scientist in Springfield, VA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a 12-month contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possibility of hire after the contract period. This position requires a current DoD Top Secret/SCI Poly Security Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Springfield, VA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Perform modeling and simulation of SAR image collection and image formation to investigate the ability to detect and resolve features and events of interest to national security customers.
- Evaluate and analyze existing and conceptual SAR systems to determine their suitability for specific mission applications.
- Evaluate and demonstrate the potential for fusion of SAR and electro-optical (EO) data to provide higher-value products.
- Evaluate novel methods for image and signal processing to detect, extract, and characterize signatures of interest in complex SAR data.
- Develop and demonstrate prototype algorithms and tools to process and analyze complex SAR
- 3 years of experience in SAR remote sensing.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field such as physics, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, image science, computer science, or related field.
- Through understanding of radar image chain physics and phenomenology.
- Experience with physics-based modeling and simulation.
- Ability to develop prototype radar signal and image processing code in Matlab, Python, IDL, or C++.
- Ability to work independently or in a small multidisciplinary team toward an objective with minimal external direction.
- Written and oral communications skills to interface with and brief program sponsors, technical staff, and external partners on technical plans and progress.
- Skilled in independently balancing a fair work load, managing priorities, maintaining a commitment to quality standards, overcoming obstacles, and achieving results.
- Organizational skills to work with a variety of people in different disciplines, working from multiple locations on tasks involving rapidly changing information.
Job Status: Full Time