Senior UNIX/Linux System Administrator 30133
TCI has an immediate need for a Senior UNIX/Linux System Administrator in Eagan, MN. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
NOTE: This position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
This is a weekend work shift.
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 8pm (On-site).
- 4 additional hours Monday through Thursday as needed for meetings (Remote possible).
- Initial training will be Monday through Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm.
- Full range of system life-cycle phases including, Build, Application or Service Provisioning, Operations and Decommissioning.
- Unix / Linux System Administration.
- Installation and maintenance of OS.
- Contributor to Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
- User Support and problem resolution.
- Automating existing processes.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field and minimum of 6 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience dealing with management of large (1000 systems) environments.
- Experience with Linux (SuSE and Red Hat).
- Senior in Linux OS Administration.
- Experience with patch management.
- Have some understanding with configuration management of large environments, utilizing automation tools such as: Chef, Puppet, Ansible or other configuration management frameworks.
- Ability to take customer requirements and create scalable configuration models to support them.
- Process Implementation and documentation.
- Experience using Change/Incident Management tools (ServiceNow).
- Ability to troubleshoot problems from the Application tier, through the OS and Network tiers.
- Unix Shell Scripting.
- Must be U.S. Citizen and eligible for a Public Trust clearance.