Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our enterprise level Client is the largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation. Our Client is looking for candidates who seek a lifelong career opportunity with a very profitable company currently experiencing growth within the oil and gas industry. Contract job opportunities could lead to a permanent position with the company for the proven individual. Our Client offers cross training opportunities throughout their business structure. IT is a key asset which used in every business unit to drive efficiency and profitability. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a leader in the industry.
Our Client is seeking a Server Administrator specialist to assist with Terminal, Transport, Rail, & Marine support in Findlay, Ohio. This person would be working as part of the team supporting our Terminal Operations Technology (OT) Infrastructure. Technologies being used primarily include Windows Server, VMware, Microsoft System Center, Cisco switches and Checkpoint Firewalls. Project work, Developing strategy, Business-as-usual tasks, and problem resolution are all part of the day-to-day role. Standard processes exist in many situations and need to be strictly followed. Strong communication skills are important, and he/she must be organized, possess solid decision making, and have a strong drive for results.
- VMWare - solid understanding, certifications a plus
- Setting up and configuring switches, including VLANs
- Reviewing network monitoring tools
- Reviewing and updating network standards
- Strong Active Directory Skills
- Planning for growth and evaluating disaster recovery
- Solid understanding of firewall rules and configurations
- Cognizant of security
- Server administration and trouble-shooting of Windows servers, the local area network (LAN), and its components. Includes activities such as daily server backups, anti-virus protection, patching, performance tuning, security changes, group policy changes, and more.
- Operations are 24x7 which means the candidate could be called upon to perform duties during off hours
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT Infrastructure Server Administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT is strongly preferred.
- Solid experience and understanding of VMWare.
- Strong Active Directory skills.
- A firm understanding of computing security and reliability practices is required.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and time management skills.
- Up to 30% possible travel depending on terminal projects.
Job Status: Full Time