Software Engineer - 1689
TCI has an immediate need for a Software Engineer in Clifton, New Jersey. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
The Software Systems Engineer will be responsible planning and execution of complex designs in large teams to ensure proper system functionality.
- Ensure that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Drive process improvements to aid in team coordination and maintain delivery schedule.
- Communicate with leadership on status, issues, milestones, and successes.
- 10+ years of experience in a systems engineering role including complex design.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Software, Computer or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Embedded software fundamentals and the ability to code, integrate, and troubleshoot complex designs.
- Experience with executing throughout the full Avionics lifecycle including requirements flow-down and allocation, design, development, test, and sell-off.
- Ability to work well across multiple engineering disciplines.
DESIRED (nice to have) SKILLS
- Knowledgeable of safety-critical software development / DO-178 or similar industry standards.
- Experience on complex systems with a focus on mission computing, memory systems, and/or displays.
- Direct Government customer interface experience (e.g. US Air Force, US Navy, etc.).