Software Engineer - 1708
TCI has an immediate need for an Embedded Software Engineer in Clifton, NJ. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
Our Client’s non-traditional "Go Fast" program is seeking an embedded Software Engineer with experience in C++ and VxWorks 7 (Workbench and RTP’s). The Software Engineer will be responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems in conjunction with hardware product development.
- Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety of software applications.
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products.
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system.
- Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation.
- Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Knowledgeable of SpaceWire, CFDP, FLASH file systems, OpenSSL, RS-422.
- Experience with C++ VxWorks.
- Other tools currently used are Workbench, UML (Rhapsody), Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, BitBucket, Crucible), Cantana, DOORS, and Jenkins.
- Agile SW development experience with UML design, implementation, unit test, integration and test.
- Experience with Algorithm development and test, software simulation, test drivers, HW integration & debug.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering field.
- Great communication skills.
DESIRED (nice to have) SKILLS
- Working experience with BAE RAD55xx QorIQ Integrated Multicore Processor a plus.