Software Engineer - Cleared - 1597
This position requires an Interim Clearance to start, which TCI can help one obtain.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development. One will primarily be responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety software applications.
KEY DUTIES TO INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products.
- Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application.
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system.
- Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation.
- Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Recognized as an internal expert and thought leader in area of expertise with broad experience across multiple job areas.
- Works under consultative direction against annual goals to manage large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to influence leadership to accept new practices, approaches, and concepts.
- Develops or champions new systems, concepts, or technologies.
- Recommends tactics and strategies that directly impact the achievement of overall business or functional results.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must have Real Time Operating Systems Experience
- Experience with C++ and/or Ada
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering field
- 9+ Years of Embedded Software Engineering experience
- 9+ Years' experience with C++
- 9+ Years Real Time Operating Systems Experience
- Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management.
- Ability to manage complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Great communication skills - ability to communicate within and outside of own teams to gain cooperation
DESIRED (nice to have) SKILLS
- EW Background
- Capable of working on both high and low level software
- VxWorks or similar embedded OS experience
- UML design experience
Pay: $100 to $110/hour
$100 to $110 Per Hour