Software Engineer II
This position requires a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance/CI Poly.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Herndon, VA as a Software Engineer 2. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Software Engineer will be responsible for development of new software and integration of existing open source and commercial software for a large, complex enterprise search system.
- Developing software architecture, requirement analysis, selection and evaluation of COTS and GOTS tools, implementation and system integration activities (with both new and legacy systems)
- Acting as a technical expert in software engineering and big data analytics to build a large highly complex software system using best practices in the industry.
- Researching new technologies for future enhancements and implement as required
- Developing software code for a Unix or Linux Environment, using unit test framework, build automation, and source code version control management tools.
- In this position the individual will need to be a self-starter and with the ability to solve complex problems under minimal supervision.
- 3+ years of experience supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- 3+ years of experience with basic Unix/Linux operation system administration and shell scripting (CentOS/RHEL preferred)
- 3+ years of current experience implementing Web Services using Java EE (6 or 7), using Spring Framework API, Spring Integration, Mule or Apache Camel
PREFFERED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- 2+ years of current software development and unit testing tools: Eclipse IDE, Maven, JUnit, source control systemsAgile Experience.
- NGA, IC or DoD IT experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum lifecycle management/development.
- Experience with automated test tools including performance and load testing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Demonstrated ability in problem-solving and in the defect resolution process.
- Ability to quickly understand an organization’s business functions.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand and explain complex information simply and accurately.
- Familiar with DevOps tools such as Redmine, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence.
Job Status: Full Time