TCI has and immediate need for Software Engineer in Atlantic City, NJ. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity.
The Software Engineer will provide software engineering support on Air Traffic Control Voice Switching System and Equipment. This is a large complex communications system vital to air traffic operations and safety. The Software Engineer interfaces with multiple functional areas including Test, Configuration for software development needs. The position interfaces with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to provide software engineering expertise in design and development of voice switch communication system.
KEY JOB DUTIES:
- Conduct software engineering tasks including PTR verification and validation, system requirements development/analysis, system architecture and design, and system integration.
- Responsible for designing and development of software modification on large scale voice communications system.
- Participate in complete software development lifecycle of requirements analysis, design, implementation, development, testing, and problem resolution
- Evaluate system requirements
- Create technical documents and artifacts
- Become technically proficient on large complex systems
- Develop technical solutions for system upgrades and enhancements
- Perform troubleshooting and debugging of errors in applications
- Review and interpret existing designs
- Interface with the FAA customer and provide technical expertise as required
- Interact and coordinate with engineers in multiple groups such as Systems, Software, Test, Configuration Management and Program Management
- Research and apply new technologies to forthcoming Technical Refresh projects.
- Work in a small team environment to achieve project level goals.
- Perform Software Engineering tasks as assigned by Software Engineering Group Lead.
- 2+ years of experience and Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, System Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related area of study.
- Must have a good presentation and customer interfacing skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong technical writing skills
- Good analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to acquire FAA public trust clearance
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Experience with C/C++, C#, Python, Java or other similar programming languages.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Analysis, and familiar with Windows development
- Experience with scripting languages such as bash, PowerShell, python etc.
- Exposure to Visual Studio or comparable IDE
- Exposure to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process on complex systems.