Software Quality Engineer
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Software Engineer is responsible for configuration control and quality assurance of software and the software development environment throughout the product lifecycle, including baseline management, change control, requirements verification, status accounting and audit.
- This position will require the candidate to evaluate existing quality and configuration processes and develop implementation of quality assurance processes to meet customer requirements and on-time delivery.
- Interface with Software Development Engineers to assess existing configuration control and quality assurance processes.
- Implement configuration baseline management processes to administer software version control and change management utilizing established software development tools.
- Implement quality assurance processes to validate products through design reviews, testing and/or audits.
- Witness build, installation and test of software and software systems.
- Review product documentation for correctness and completeness.
- Participate in team software design/code peer reviews for technical and process evaluation.
- Investigate defects and work with teammates to develop disposition, evaluate root cause, and establish corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline with 10 years of experience or a Master’s degree and 8 years of experience.
- At least 10 years' experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, C#, Java, object-oriented design concepts.
- At least 5 years’ experience with quality assurance principles and software development lifecycles.
- At least 5 years’ experience with software configuration and change management practices.
- Direct experience working with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Git).
- Strong background in software development and software test.
- Lean, Six Sigma, continuous improvement and AS 9100/ISO 9001 quality systems experience.
- Certified quality assurance professional.
Job Status: Full Time