SQL Database Administrator
TCI has an immediate need for a SQL Database Administrator in Louisville, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a Contract-to-Hire opportunity.
This position is on-site only in Louisville, KY.
The Database Administrator will help guide strategic decisions as well as perform tactical, day-to-day responsibilities for SQL Server Database servers. The role is primarily responsible for the overall health and performance of our databases and the servers they reside on but will also aid in the administration of other application, file system and security-related servers.
- Assist in query and index optimization to ensure the best possible performance of our systems.
- Assist developers with database design based on documented business needs.
- Educate team members on performance-related best practices.
- Assist in resolving production-impacting issues as needed.
- Participate in code releases using documented deployment instructions.
- Establish procedures for disaster recovery including periodic testing of recovery plans.
- Establish procedures for monitoring of critical processes and resources including backups, server uptime, CPU and memory consumption, file system space and process blocks.
- New server installations.
- Server patching.
- Troubleshoot other Windows server systems such as Active Directory and IIS.
- Assist with administering logins and authorizations in Active Directory.
- Monitor automated maintenance jobs to ensure processes run according to schedule.
- 5+ years of experience administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later.
- Experience performing query and index optimization.
- 1+ year of experience administering other Windows-based servers such as Active Directory or IIS.
- Experience designing and optimizing large databases (hundreds of millions of rows) for both batch and transactional operations.
- Expertise writing queries using TSQL.
- Experience reading execution plans and making index or query adjustments to optimize performance.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Microsoft database administration related certification, is preferred but not required.