Sr. Data Analyst-Librarian IV
This position requires a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Herndon, VA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Data Analyst / Librarian will provide support to the technical teams building the DAP and associated API by explaining cataloging and metadata concepts to help streamline access to the data independent of the data type or source.
- The Data Analyst / Librarian will support Systems Engineering to develop the information packages which identify the content store, ‘owner’ point-of-contact, metadata fields, service specifications, volumetrics, and standards.
- Provide in-depth research consultations on discovering and analyzing datasets, software development, analytic tools, and data management best practices.
- Collaborate with subject librarians, Information Technology Services, and researchers to identify, evaluate, and test data science applications and hardware in support of the research data lifecycle (obtaining, analyzing, and communicating findings).
- Provide project leadership or participate in projects related to data services.
- 6+ years of data librarian experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering / Software Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Knowledge and/or experience with data management, transformation, visualization, analysis, metadata standards, and organization techniques and tools.
- Ability to categorize the data and metadata in order to build the metadata application profile.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Search tools, Search results organization and the implications of metadata organization, indexing and catalog content.
- Knowledge and/or experience with GIS-related applications and tools.
- Ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules in a dynamic, agile product environment.
- Active Top-Secret security/SCI or full-scope poly clearance required.
- NGA, IC or DoD IT experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Government customer strongly desired.
- Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering/presenting to customer.
- Team player able to work in a large program environment.
Job Status: Full Time