Sr. Java Application Software Developer
Please note that this position requires a current DoD Public Trust and a CompTia S+ Certification.
We are offering an exciting DoD Contract opportunity with our government sector client in Alexandria, VA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team.
This developer will perform as a technical lead. Candidate should have superior Java developments skills and the ability to Lead a development team. This developer will provide application development, design and maintenance services for enterprise data services, identity, access management and credentialing related applications to include new design and development, and maintaining and enhancing existing applications.
- This developer will provide application development and maintenance services for enterprise data services, identity, access management and credentialing related applications to include new design and development, and maintaining and enhancing existing applications.
- The candidate is expected to provide the services required to successfully implement and deliver application software solutions to the products he/she will be supporting.
- The solutions need to be stable, reliable, scalable, well documented, and of high quality.
- The developer will be responsible for coding, unit testing, integration testing, bug fixes, implementation, as well as ongoing support of the product delivered.
- The candidate may be responsible for performing as a mentor and subject matter expert on their team.
- Minimum 10 years hands-on experience developing Java EE applications on Weblogic Application Server for highly available, 24x7, and scalable systems on Linux/Unix platforms.
- Minimum 5 years as a technical lead in a Java development environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems including knowledge of data modeling concepts, ERD design and development
- Strong experience in developing enterprise Java solutions following standard/best practices including Object Oriented Analysis and Design and design patterns.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge on Software Development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum)
- Demonstrated analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Excellent programming skills in Java and Java EE.
- Must currently possess Comptia S+ Certification.
- Must currently possess DoD Public Trust Security Clearance (or higher)
Job Status: Full Time