Sr. Linux Administrator 24940
TCI has an immediate need for an Sr. Linux Administrator in Raleigh, NC. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship and a Public Trust Clearance prior to start.
We are searching for a top-notch Senior Linux System Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
- Midrange System Administration teams and provide Linux System Administration services for an assigned set of applications.
- The scope includes the full range of system life-cycle phases including, Build, Application /Service Provisioning, Operations and Decommissioning.
- Have some understanding with configuration management of large environments, utilizing automation tools such as: Chef, Puppet, Ansible or other configuration management frameworks.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems from the Application tier, through the OS and Network tiers.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 6 years’ experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience dealing with management of large (>1000 systems) environments
- Experience with Linux (SuSE and Red Hat)
- Experience with patch management.
- IBM Direct: Connect
- Linux System Administration
- Application used to transfer files – Resides on LINUX
- Experience with certificates
- Installation and maintenance of OS
- Contributor to Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
- User Support / Problem resolution
- Automating existing processes Ability to take customer requirements and create scalable configuration models to support them
- Process Implementation and documentation
- Experience using Change/Incident Management tools (ServiceNow)
- Senior in Linux OS Administration.
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance prior to start.
- Must be available to work onsite, willing to work on-call and weekends (will get called) at client facility in Raleigh, NC. With up to 2 days telecommute