Sr. Remedy Systems Engineer
TCI has an immediate need for a Sr. Remedy Systems Engineer at Peterson AFB in Colorado. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Not a telework role. Preferred location is Peterson AFB in Colorado, or Langley AFB, VA, Scott AFB, IL and Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
The BMC Remedy Developer will work with a BMC Consultant to install, implement and modify system architecture in support of a rapidly expanding ITSM environment with the BMC Remedy IT Service Management 20.02 Implement proven ITSM performance tuning activities, validate and document processes & procedures. Serves as a subject-matter expert (SME) on all aspects of BMC Remedy modules and processes. Understands the interdependencies across all ITSM products. Experience in a customized ARS environment. This developer will contribute to the development, creation, and distribution of key performance indicators for defined ITSM process areas. Responsible for ensuring adequate education and training materials exist for ITSM processes and are published and communicated appropriately. Responsible for the creation of proper design documentation for all development work.
- Configure, implement, upgrade, develop, administer ITSM Remedy Version 9.x or greater
- Scheduled and out-of-cycle patching with TrueSight Server Automation and Client Management (CM)
- Using BMC Remedy Developer Studio to customize forms, fields, overlay, workflows and related system components in accordance with project requirements
- Experienced in Designing Service Catalogue/Services using SRM processes (AOT/PDT/SRD)
- Hands on Designing Server Group, Failover, operation Ranking at architecture level
- Perform application upgrades, including installing up to date patches and service packs to maintain the system to supported versions
- Monitor operations and system performance of the ITSM Remedy Application suite
- Work with network, server, and database support groups to troubleshoot and define performance based on industry standard and vendor best practice
- Extract and import foundational data as needed in support of ITSM application modules as described above
- Must be able to develop and implement roll-back and backup plans
- Provide ITSM product support to users using the Remedy Application Suite
- Configure and maintain all environments: DEV, TEST and Production running efficiently
- Follow formal code development, migration and Change Management processes
- 7+ years overall IT experience
- 7+ years Development BMC ITSM Remedy Software Management Suite, TrueSight Server Automation (TSSA), Client Management, Incident, Problem, Change, Asset, SRM, BMC SmartIT, RKM, SLM in version 8.x or greater
- Experience with 9.1 or greater preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server
- HTML, Web Services, Microsoft IIS, Web Forms
- JAVA, HTML, XML, ARS
- Certified ITIL V3 ® is a plus
- RedHat Linux experience required for TSSA or equivalent
- Developer is responsible for internal application development and Production Support.
- Fulfill Enterprise Service Desk and BMC Incident requests, and work with the customer to help implement solutions.
- In this role you will be expected to collaborate closely with Business SMEs and Project Managers (PMs) to understand requirements, design, and implement ITSM System enhancements and upgrades.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent relevant discipline or combination of education and experience
- Candidate must possess a Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with transferring Security Clearances.
- Prior Military experience is a plus.