Sr Software Test Engineer II
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Colombia, MD. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Design, develop, evaluate, and use custom test scripts/procedures to evaluate the effectiveness, readiness, and compliance of custom developed software in both hosted and embedded environments.
- Configure network equipment such as routers and switches in support of software testing.
- Document test procedures, results/bugs, generate test reports and generate presentations and support customer reviews covering the software validation.
- Recommends and implements efficiency/coverage improvements to the software test process to include modifying procedures, scripts, and documentation.
- Work with developers to troubleshoot issues/bugs with products and tests.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- At least 1 year of experience configuring Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and basic networking skills (OSI layers, TCP/UDP/IP/ARP) and network monitoring tools (Wireshark, SNMP).
- At least 1-year experience with Windows, Linux, VMWare.
- 1 year of experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bat).
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret clearance.
- Strong networking skills.
- Knowledge of embedded hardware
- Basic knowledge of RF.
- Basic knowledge of C and other programming.
- Experience with software test and integration and use of static code analysis tools.
- Experience in executing software verification testing following established test plans and procedures and documenting (buglist).
- Experience in troubleshooting, documenting and fixing test script failures or development of new scripts/procedures.
Job Status: Full Time