Sr. SQL Server Administrator
Please note that this position requires an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
The Sr. SQL Server Administrator designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs Microsoft SQL database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management.
- Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases.
- Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements.
- Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation.
- Evaluates, sizes and selects technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and application databases.
- Writes and tunes SQL queries for performance and scalability.
- Implements comprehensive backup and database replication solutions.
- Evaluate industry trends in database systems
- Review protocol and procedures in database system management
- Train other members of the MS SQL database development team
- 8+ years MS SQL Server Administration/Engineering experience required
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification a plus
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience with SQL 2008,2012 and 2016 in both standalone and clustering
- Bachelor's degree in computer programming or equivalent training required.
- Considered a recognized authority within the company.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative.
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Review and approve the testing of programs or databases.
- Review existing databases and database management systems and direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Must have a current Active Secret Clearance.