Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
TCI has an immediate need for a Sr. Unix Systems Administrator, Radford, VA. This is a long-term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Adept at monitoring and tuning system performance, ongoing operation of the servers, hardening of the servers and reporting of the overall security and operational status.
- Recommend improvements to the enterprise and manage new software/hardware integrations when required while also providing utilization reports using existing tools to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
- Excellent communication and team skills.
- Provide support towards the life-cycle of a mixed environment of vendor equipment in the datacenter to include firmware version control and periodic preventive maintenance.
- Recommend, demonstrate, and implement technologies to help expand, upgrade, and increase efficiencies to the current environment.
- The support services offered include UNIX/Linux system administration and hardware support.
- 5+ years of experience as a Unix Systems Administrator or Engineer.
- Experience with SELinux - understand the basic and advanced management and configuration of SELinux.
- Experience in automating assigned tasks.
- Experience in patch management with understanding how to apply security updates to systems via YUM and RPM.
- Experience working in an environment with complex networking while demonstrating experience using VLANs, troubleshooting tools such as ip, netstat, ss and telnet as well as how to harden a system using firewall/iptables and hosts.
- Experience managing a large pool of local users through the command line.
- Experience creating, maintaining, following Standard Operating Procedures for repeatable processes, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution.
- Scripting or Advanced Scripting skill and automation experience.
- Virtualization technologies to deliver enterprise solutions to external customers in a fee for service data center.
- Operate, maintain, and administer existing database architectures and software. These include but are not limited to MS SQL, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Experience supporting Cybersecurity patch management and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Security Requirement Guides (SRG), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Control Assessor-Validator (SCA-V), and Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI).
- Three or more years’ experience configuring and maintaining key services such as DNS, SFTP, SMTP, and NTP.
- Master's Degree - in Engineering, Business, Computer Science or Technology strongly preferred (A Bachelor’s Degree + 2 years additional experience equals Master’s Degree).
- Candidate must currently possess a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must possess the CompTIA Security+ Certification or have the ability to obtain prior to start.
- Must possess a Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, CCNA, RedHat, etc.).